Idaho Central Credit Union is committed to providing you with the best products and services available and to do so in a secure and confidential environment. We firmly believe in our members' right to privacy and have taken numerous safeguards and precautions to ensure your nonpublic personal information remains confidential.
What follows is our privacy statement to all of our members. This document states what types of information we collect about our members, what information may be shared, and with whom this information may be shared. Idaho Central only collects personal information that is necessary to conduct the business of the Credit Union.
THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The confidentiality of your information is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we restrict access to your personal information to only those employees who need to know that information to provide competent service to you. All employees are trained to respect our members' privacy. In addition, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect your information.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect only relevant information about our members that the law requires or allows us to collect in order to perform the services of the Credit Union.
We collect nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
• Information about your transactions with us.
• Information from consumer reporting agencies.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE MAY SHARE
Federal law allows us to disclose certain types of information about you in order to perform services provided by Idaho Central Credit Union. Typically, this information is used to process transactions on your behalf, to conduct the operations of our Credit Union, and to follow instructions that you authorize. This information includes:
• Nonpublic personal information we receive from you on an application or other forms. This could include: Name, address, social security number, assets, income.
• Nonpublic personal information about your transactions with us. This could include:Account balances, account activity, types of accounts, credit card usage, payment history, and deposit history.
• Nonpublic personal information we receive from credit reporting agencies. This could include: Creditworthiness and Credit history.
TYPES OF BUSINESSES WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to anyone, except as permitted by law. The types of businesses that we may share nonpublic personal information include those who perform marketing services on our behalf, institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, or those that are used in completing transactions. These include:
• Financial companies, such as: Insurance agents, mortgage service companies.
• Non-financial companies, such as: Consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check and statement printers, plastic card processors.
It is important for you to know that the businesses with whom we share your information are under a strict contractual relationship to maintain the confidentiality, secrecy, and integrity of that information. We do not share your information with a third party for use in that third party's independent use. Also, WE DO NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION FOR USE IN ANY TYPE OF TELEMARKETING.
INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER MEMBERS
If at any time you decide to terminate your membership with Idaho Central Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you except as may be permitted or required by law.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
As stated before, we are committed to the privacy of our members' information. We have numerous safeguards and security measures in place, as well as secure contractual relationships with those businesses needed to perform our duties for you. You can help Idaho Central protect your information by doing the following:
• Protect your account numbers, card numbers, and PIN numbers. Notify us immediately if you ever lose your cards or other account information.
• Use extreme caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, or any other personal financial information.
• Keep your information current. If we detect any potentially fraudulent or unauthorized use of account information we will attempt to contact you immediately.