Email and Online Security
• Be alert for fraudulent or suspicious emails.
• Never provide personal information via email.
• Watch for errors in email messages.
• Be cautious of links in emails.
• Keep your computer safe with a firewall, anti-virus software, and spyware.
• Set your updates to run automatically.
• Protect your passwords.
• Read privacy notices.
• Only shop on secure websites.
• Keep educated on security procedures.
• Download directly from the website.
Credit Card and Account Security
• Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
• Ensure that your card is signed on the back.
• Never give your credit card number over the phone, unless you are dealing with a reputable
company, or you have initiated the call yourself.
• Always check sales vouchers when you sign them - keep copies.
• Always check your billing statement, especially after a trip.
• Make record of your credit card account numbers and telephone numbers for reporting lost or
stolen cards. Keep it in a safe place.
• When selecting a PIN, always avoid the obvious.
• Memorize your PIN. Don't write it down.
• Cancel and cut up unused credit cards.
Keeping your personal and business account information safe is a top priority at Idaho Central. Read more about personal internet banking safety to learn how ICCU protects your personal information and what you can do to keep your online transactions safe. If you own a business, read about business internet banking safety.
Get your free annual credit report here.