ICCU has partnered with Sallie Mae to offer student loans! Sallie Mae provides excellent college planning tools and resources that will help to educate our members and teach them how to plan for college.
Many students throughout Idaho face the challenge of paying for education with limited knowledge of their financial options. This can lead to students becoming discouraged and even dropping out of school because of their financial burdens. At Idaho Central, we believe education is a key component to financial success which is why we have partnered with Sallie Mae.
Sallie Mae is a group of professionals that have developed responsible education loans and innovative programs to help individuals start saving for college. To date, Sallie Mae has helped more than 30 million Americans save, plan, and pay for the education they need to have a successful future. Besides offering excellent customer service, Sallie Mae’s success is largely due to their “Smart Option Student Loan” plan that promotes supplementing savings with grants, scholarships, and federal student loans rather than taking out a private education loan.
Benefits of Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan:
- Three In-School Repayment Options
- Deferred Repayment: Defer payments until six months after school
- Fixed Repayment: Make a small monthly payment while in school and for six months after
- Interest Repayment: Pay interest while in school and for six months after
- Competitive Interest Rates & No Origination Fees
- Apply for lower rates through a cosigner
- Students can borrow up to 100% of their school-certified cost of attendance
- Students can check details of their loan account online any time
- There is no prepayment fee
- Rewards are given towards loans paid on time
- Loans are offered for both graduate and undergraduate students
The Smart Option Student Loan is a great choice, offering three flexible repayment options, competitive interest rates, and no origination fees. The application process is simple. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply online and get a credit result. Either a student or a cosigner can initiate a new loan; then you will be shown the interest rate and repayment options after credit approval. To learn more or to obtain a Smart Option Student Loan click the here to get started!