Equifax, one of the three major credit bureaus announced on September 7, 2017, that a data breach at the company may have exposed sensitive personal information for 143 million American consumers. Because of the size of this breach, many Idaho Central Credit Union members may be affected. As always, keeping your personal and business account information safe is a top priority at Idaho Central and we are here to help in any way we can.
What can you do?
- Visit Equifax to find out if your information was exposed
- Set spending limits and define approved types of transactions through CardControl
- Set alerts and notifications through eBranch
- Monitor accounts for suspicious activity
- Update passwords
- Review your credit score annually at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/
- Monitor the latest breach-related news and instructions from Equifax at https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
Whether or not your information was exposed, U.S. consumers can receive a year of free credit monitoring and other services at the Equifax website. You have until Nov. 21, 2017 to enroll.
For more information about how ICCU protects your information, please visit www.iccu.com/security-center.
If you suspect fraudulent activity on your account, please contact us immediately.