Idaho Central Credit Union is excited to be participating in America Saves week again this year! America Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Typically thousands of organizations participate in the week, reaching millions of people.
The 2015 Annual National Survey Assessing Household Savings revealed across the board improvement in the past year.
- 71% are spending less than their income and saving the difference, up from 68% in 2014.
- 52% are savings at least 5% of their income, up from 47% in 2014.
- 40% are making good or excellent savings progress, up from 35% in 2014.
- 78% had no or were reducing their consumer debts, up from 76% in 2014.
- 66% have sufficient emergency savings, up from 65% in 2014.
With more societal encouragement and support, more Americans will be persuaded to Set a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically.
This year America Saves Week runs from February 22 – 27. During this week, if you open a new savings account at Idaho Central, you’ll receive $30 and we will also waive the $5 membership fee. In addition, all branch locations will be celebrating with special decorations, treats & more! We will also be posting great tips and tricks for saving money on our social media channels and will be putting on a Facebook promotion where you could win a $100 gift card!
Don’t miss out on the fun promotions and great learning opportunities of America Saves Week!