To report card fraud during normal business hours, please contact your local ICCU branch. After business hours, weekends, or on holidays please call: 1-888-241-2510 (within the U.S.) or 1-909-941-1398 (outside the U.S.).
- Contact your local Idaho Central branch.
- Contact one of the three major national credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- File a police report.
- Contact any other creditors who deal with your money (i.e. other financial institutions, accountants, lenders, etc.).
- Contact other agencies, as appropriate, such as US Postal Inspectors, Social Security, etc.
- Report the Identity Theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by calling (877)-ID-THEFT or by visiting their website.
- Get your free annual credit report here.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
- Be alert for fraudulent or suspicious emails.
- Never provide personal information via email.
- Watch for errors in email messages.
- Be cautious of links in emails.
- Keep your computer safe with a firewall, anti-virus software, and spyware.
- Set your updates to run automatically.
- Protect your passwords.
- Read privacy notices.
- Only shop on secure websites.
- Keep educated on security procedures.
- Download directly from the website.
- Set up and utilize all CardControl features.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Ensure that your card is signed on the back.
- Never give your credit card number over the phone, unless you are dealing with a reputable company, or you have initiated the call yourself.
- Always check sales vouchers when you sign them – keep copies.
- Always check your billing statement, especially after a trip.
- Make record of your credit card account numbers and telephone numbers for reporting lost or stolen cards. Keep it in a safe place.
- When selecting a PIN, always avoid the obvious.
- Memorize your PIN. Don’t write it down.
- Cancel and cut up unused credit cards.
HOW ICCU PROTECTS YOU
Keeping your personal and business account information safe is a top priority at Idaho Central. Read more about personal internet banking safety to learn how ICCU protects your personal information and what you can do to keep your online transactions safe. If you own a business, read about business internet banking safety.
Get your free annual credit report here.