For some, the thought of opening a new account at a financial institution can seem daunting. However, knowing what to expect and how to prepare can help put your mind at ease. At Idaho Central Credit Union, we strive to make the process of opening an account fast and easy. Here is all you need to know.
To open an account at Idaho Central, you need only four things:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Number
- 2 emergency contacts
How much does it cost?
- To become a member: $5 (One-time fee, at initiation only)
- Savings account: $25 (This amount stays in your account to keep it open).
- Checking account: $100
- This money can be used immediately, a $100 deposit is necessary to open the account.
- New Gen and younger accounts require only $50 deposit. That means that anyone 24 years old or younger can open a checking with $50.
- Checking can be opened as young as 13 years old.
- Credit card: $0 (No deposit necessary.)
- Other loans: TBD
- If you are taking out a personal, auto, RV, home, HELOC, or other type of loan, you can work out how much you pay upfront to determine your monthly payments.
How do I know if I am eligible for membership?
- You must reside or be employed in Idaho (or Jackpot, Nevada) OR
- Have a family member who is already a member
What if I have bad credit or no credit at all?
- We have products specifically set up for those who may have had credit hiccups in the past or who have never had an account before, give us a call or stop by a branch and we’ll see what we can do to get you set up
Where do I sign up?
- Any ICCU branch
- Any community event where you see us. (You can view some events we’ll attend on our website or Facebook page.)
- Click Join Now at iccu.com
New members can take advantage of our May Promo from May 1 – May 31, 2018 and receive $100 in their checking account! Already a member? Refer a member and receive $25!